David Wright is back, Yoenis Cespedes is hot, and the Washington Nationals can’t seem to get out of their own way. In the latest episode of the Sports Microscope podcast, host Gene Gumbs wonders if anyone stop the New York Mets. With the next eight games against the woeful Phillies and Boston Red Sox, the Mets may be able to put the Nats further in their rearview mirror.
Gumbs is also steamed about the recent news that Don Orsillo is being replaced as the television play-by-play man. It’s yet another slap in the face by the Red Sox (who are one of the owners of NESN, the Red Sox TV outlet) to their fans. Apparently fifteen years of first-class work wasn’t good enough.
There’s plenty more baseball talk on tap, as well as a reach into the Sports Microscope grab bag for some quick hits about a few topics.
Also in this episode:
- Kris Bryant staking his claim as NL ROY
- Can the SF Giants get healthy in time?
- The unreal pitching line for Astros pitchers in the last week
- Good news and bad news in the auto racing world
- What can 300 million buy you these days?
- My pick for team of the week
You can listen to the latest episode here or subscribe to it on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded to your iOS devices. As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions. Enjoy, and thanks for listening!