In 1996, Duquette declared that Clemens was in the “twilight of his career.” All Clemens did was go on to win four more Cy Young awards with teams not located in Boston. Jake Arrieta is on his way to doing the same thing with a team not located in Baltimore. I’m not saying there’s a correlation… but maybe I am.
I am sure Duquette gets a little queasy every time he reads the incredible numbers Arrieta has put up since last June – numbers that not even the great Bob Gibson could match. I won’t bore you with all of them here, but I urge you to read the piece by Carrie Muskat on MLB.com.
Suffice it to say that we are looking at one of the greatest runs in the history of baseball – and that’s saying something!
Also in This Episode:
- Anyone else tired of athletes saying they don’t know how PEDs got into their system?
- Yasiel Puig makes on of the greatest throws I have ever seen
- Curt Schilling has the right to speak his mind. ESPN has the right to fire him.
- Vin Scully skewers people comparing Joe Dimaggio and Ryan Howard
- My pick for team of the week
I appreciate you listening and following me every week. You can listen to the latest podcast here, or subscribe to it on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded to your iOS devices.
As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions here or at email@example.com. Please let me know what you think. See you next week!