Now that the MLB All-Star Game actually means something, the composition of the roster becomes a little more important. While the fans have the say-so in the starting lineup, the players have a vote for some of the reserves and pitchers, and the respective managers get to round them out.
The American League roster is led six Royals and skippered by KC manager Ned Yost. The Cardinals placed five players on the NL roster, and manager Bruce Bochy made a couple of questionable choices and left off at least one huge name.
Also in this episode:
- Talk about the US Women’s World Cup title
- Why soccer will never surpass football’s popularity
- Bryce Harper‘s decision not to participate in the Home Run Derby
- Rick Porcello‘s do-or-die start on Wednesday for the Red Sox
- Mike Scioscia‘s KO of former GM Jerry Dipoto
- Is Justin Verlander‘s career on the wane?
- My pick for team of the week
You can listen to the latest episode here or subscribe to it on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded to your iOS devices. Feel free to leave feedback and ideas for topics for further episodes. Enjoy!