To have a shot at the NL West, the Dodgers have to hope they are getting the Scott Kazmir that pitched in Oakland last year, not the one that pitched to a four ERA and 1.4 WHIP in Houston. They’ll also need rookie Kenta Maeda to live up to the hype he created in the Japanese League. Of course he signed an eight-year contract, so they must really believe in him. They also have Alex Wood, who is serviceable but allows way too many men to get on base.
I am sure the Giants aren’t shedding any tears, and the Arizona Diamondbacks are probably licking their chops, thinking that this might be the thing they need to stay relevant and remain in the NL West race all season. I’ll match their top three of Zack Greinke, Shelby Miller and Patrick Corbin against the top three the Dodgers have right now.
Also in this NL West Themed Episode:
- Injuries already becoming a factor for season’s start
- Enough of the Yoenis Cespedes three-ring circus already!
- Could the Minnesota Twins be the Astros of 2016?
- Doc Emrick makes cool appearance in Pirate radio booth
- Anyone else wonder how Ian Desmond is getting along with his agent?
- My pick for team of the week
I appreciate you listening and following me every week. You can listen to the latest podcast here, or subscribe to it on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded to your iOS devices.
As always, I welcome your comments and suggestions here or at email@example.com. Please let me know what you think!